Chaminade College Preparatory School, St. Louis, MO
Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent Catholic school in St. Louis for young men in grades 6-12, is known for its high levels of achievement in both academics and athletics. The school recently made use of a generous gift from alum Albert “Skip” Viragh to build an 80,000 square foot center for fine arts. Named in his honor, the Skip Viragh Center for the Arts holds two theaters, three music rooms, five classrooms for visual arts, and more.
And to make sure the center makes a difference in the lives of students for generations, they chose to install terrazzo floors in the building’s main lobby, corridors, main stairs, and restrooms. The young men of Chaminade are now guided to the school’s theaters and classrooms by graceful streaks of cardinal, a school color, and subtle complementing shades of gray.
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Project Name: Skip Viragh Center
- Owner/Client: Chaminade College Preparatory School
- Terrazzo Contractor: Missouri Terrazzo
- Architect: Hastings & Chivetta
- General Contractor: S.M. Wilson
- Terrazzo Material Supplier: Terrazzo & Marble Supply Co.
- Divider Strip Supplier: Manhattan American Terrazzo Strip Co.
- Precast Supplier: Wausau Tile