Walnut Grove Elementary School, Bargersville, IN
This floor combines the toughness of terrazzo with seven bright, charmingly cheerful colors that will last for the life of this new school. The school district had used classic-style terrazzo flooring in most of their schools previously and with this project chose to give designers a freer creative license. The floor’s engaging design aids in directional way finding and interacts well with the architectural space and with the adjacent floor finishes; note the match of the carpet accent color and that of the terrazzo.
View more at the NTMA Gallery.
- Location: Bargersville, IN
- Project Name: Walnut Grove Elementary School
- Owner/Client: Center Grove School Corporation Greenwood, IN
- Terrazzo Contractor: Santarossa Mosaic & Tile Co.
- Architect: Lancer + Beebe, LLC
- General Contractor: AECOM Hunt
- Terrazzo Material Supplier: Terrazzo & Marble Supply Co.
- Divider Strip Supplier: Manhattan American Terrazzo Supply Co.
- Photography: Viken Djaferian, FotoGrafix